Thursday, June 23, 2011

Fabulous Finds at Bills Books & Bargains in FSJ!!

I just couldn't resist telling you all about the fabulous finds I made at a used book store here in town (which I am ashamed to say I had never been in before!!). The store itself is crazy... when you walk in, the walls, floors and everything in between is stacked with thousands of books (mostly paperback trash). Walk a little further in to the store and it is an entire emporium of marijuana paraphenalia, knives, belt buckles, signs, etc... with, or course, the walls and shelves still stacked high with books, books and more books. All books are $2 unless otherwise marked... but of course 'Bill' likes to bargain.

I spent my lunch hour rifling through stacks of books and this is what I came up with:

The Anne of Green Gables series by Lucy Maud Montgomery, all new and in perfect condition!
-Anne of Green Gables
-Anne of Avonlea
-Anne of the Island
-Anne of Windy Poplars
-Anne's House of Dreams
-Anne of Ingleside
(They had lots more... Emily of New Moon series, Avonlea series, etc... but I only had so much money!)

The rest of the 'Little House on The Prairie' series that I was missing:
-Farmer Boy
-On The Banks of Plum Creek
-By the Shores of Silver Lake
-These Happy Golden Years
-The First Four Years

I picked up a few clissics I have been wanting to get for quite some time:
-Lord of the Flies by William Golding
-Animal Farm by George Orwell
-Beowulf (I only had this work in collections, not on its own!)
-Middlemarch by George Eliot
-Little Men by Louisa May Alcott
-The Red Pony by John Steinbeck
-The Trumpet of the Swan by E.B. White
-The Indian in the Cupboard by Lynne Reid Banks

I also found some great historical children's books by Pierre Berton:
-Trapped in the Arctic
-Steel Across the Shield
-Steel Across the Plains
-The Capture of Detroit
-The Death of Tecumseh
-Attack on Montreal
-The Men in Sheepskin Coats
-A Prairie Nightmare
-The Railway Pathfinders

And since I am mentioning new books, I also picked up a couple of classics on my last trip to Kamloops:
-1984 by George Orwell
-Cranford by Elizabeth Gaskell

What a great day!!! What have you picked up lately and are anxious to read?
Happy Reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what YOU think! Thanks for stopping by!