Monday, February 14, 2011

"The Shack" by William P. Young (2007) - REVIEW

Welcome back to The Benterud Bookshelf! It has been a very busy New Year, but I am glad to say I am finally back in the book review world! Happy Reading!

Goodday and welcome to
"The B.B. Weekly Review"


This book caused quite a stir when it first came out, and I was not quite sure what to believe about it. I finally read it, however, and thoroughly enjoyed it for what it is, A NOVEL and a touching story.
Review: What a profound look in to the love and concern and true relationship that God wants to have with each and every one of us! It is an amazing glimpse at true forgiveness and healing of the heart. A Father's pain and the realization that God cares and hurts for us. A man meets with God in the most horrible place he can think of, and is transformed and miraculously touched. A story that will touch anyone's heart and provoke much thought and discussion. A great Evangelistic tool that breaks down the Christian faith to the bare truth. Definitely a great read, but it is still fiction and should not be read as absolute truth. I would not recomend this book to brand new Christians as there may be some doctrinal issues, misinterpretations or  miscommunication that can cause misunderstanding.

My Rating: 4/5
Have you read "The Shack" by William P. Young? I would love to know what you thought!
Want to read it? Find it on Amazon!
Happy Reading!

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe I still haven't read this book. I have had a copy for about three years and just never got around to it yet! My bad!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what YOU think! Thanks for stopping by!