Monday, November 1, 2010

"The Family Nobody Wanted" by Helen Doss (1954) - REVIEW

Goodday and welcome to
"The B.B. Weekly Review"

Review: "The Family Nobody Wanted" (1954)  by Helen Doss has been my favourite book since I first picked it up at the local homsechool lending library at the age of eight. I have read and re-read the book countless times. I never tire of the children's antics, or Helen and her Metholodist Minister husband, Carl Doss. After finding out that they can not physically have children of their own, they begin the long and arduous process of adoption. After struggling with their first adoption, and not wanting an only child, they decide to adopt "just one more baby" whihc turns into eleven more children in the next ten years! The rambunctious brood of twelve is made up of mixed race children that "nobody else wanted" to adopt. The book is filled with humorous tales of the children and their parents and is a heartwarming true story of one family who made a difference in so mnay people's lives.

My Rating: 5/5

Have you read "The Family Nobody Wanted" by Helen Doss? I would love to know what you thought!
Want to read it? Find it on Amazon!
Happy Reading!

1 comment:

  1. I can verify your love affair with this book! Isn't it great the way certain books are like great friendships - we just never get tired of them.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what YOU think! Thanks for stopping by!