Monday, November 22, 2010

"Chalktown" by Melinda Hayes (2001) - REVIEW

Goodday and welcome to
"The B.B. Weekly Review"
Review: "Chalktown" by Melinda Hayes was a very strange, sacrilegious novel that I picked up from the bargain table at Chapters several years ago. Now I know why that beautiful hardcover was only two dollars. I was never quite sure if it was blatantly mocking Christianity and religion, or simply ignorant. The novel is comprised of several murders mixed in with ignorance, racism, insanity, fornication and past memories to create a hodge-podge novel that leaves you wondering what just happened. Sex, murder, foul language and mature content are found throughout the book, making it unsuitable for many readers. I would not recommend this book to anyone.

My Rating: 0/5

Have you read "Chalktown" by Melinda Hayes? Was it worth talking about?
If you want to read it despite my negative review, you can find it on Amazon!
Happy Reading!

1 comment:

I love to hear what YOU think! Thanks for stopping by!