Thursday, October 7, 2010

"After The Rains" by Deborah Raney (2002) - REVIEW


Goodday and welcome to
"The B.B. Weekly Review"

I have decided to do a second "BB Weekly Review" this week... partly because I just finished this book last night, and party because it is the sequel to my first review this week. Enjoy!
Review: "After The Rains" (2002) by Deborah Raney is the sequel to "Beneath a Southern Sky." This second novel follows Daria and Nate's daughter, Natalie, as she searches to find out who she is in the wake of her parents tragic history. The outcome is somewhat given away in the epilogue of "Beneath a Southern Sky" (so don't read the epilogue if you don't want to know what happens in the second book!). This book was also very emotionally charged and pulled at my heart. I cried as Natalie went through some extremely hard circumstances and then had to live with the devestating consequences. The book spanned four years, and I found that it progressed rather quickly towards the end, cutting out some character development. The book ended rather abrupty, but all in all I thought it was true to life a very good read. It kept me up much too late last night anyway!

My Rating: 4/5

Have you read "After The Rains" by Deborah Raney? I would love to know what you thought!
Want to read it? Find it on Amazon!
Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what YOU think! Thanks for stopping by!